Terms and Conditions

To ensure both parties understand the particulars under which we are doing business, we hereby set out the following terms and conditions:

Definitions

Seller, us, our, we: Candle by Parties Ltd Buyer, You, Your: the person booking the product/service from us, even when booking is made on behalf of another party Event: any Candle by Parties Ltd workshop, party or event

Booking terms

For public events/workshops/parties: all children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and or/have parental/guardian consent to attend.    A booking is confirmed once a booking form/contract has been signed and/or full or part-payment is made.  For children’s parties we ask for #175 to be paid to secure the booking.  Any additional amount will be invoiced on the day of the party.

For corporate events: a booking is confirmed once a booking form/contract has been signed and a 25% deposit is paid.

Payment and prices

Public events/workshops/parties: all public events, workshops and parties to be paid in full prior to the event being held. Corporate events: a 25% deposit is payable upon booking and a final invoice (for the remaining 75%) will be raised 45 days prior to the event. The total fee must be paid before the event date; if not, we reserve the right to cancel the event without refund.

Conduct

Our events involve melting and pouring wax into containers. The temperature of the wax is around 50°C (about the temperature of hot water from a kitchen tap).   Participants will be fully briefed before and supervised during the workshop and are expected to follow all safety instructions provided by our staff.

Change of date & cancellation

In the event that you are unable to go ahead with your chosen date, provided you give more than 21 days notification, we will do our best to find another suitable date. If no suitable date can be found, the following cancellation fees shall apply:

Cancellation fees

For public events/workshops/parties: if the booking is cancelled/changed by you the following terms apply:

  • 28 days and over – full refund
  • 27 – 8 days prior to the booking - we will do our best to re-schedule
  • 7 days or less – no changes or refunds

For corporate events: if the booking is cancelled by you 28 days or more prior to the event, we reserve the right to charge for any incurred costs. These may be for non-refundable expenses incurred by us such as staffing, equipment hire, materials and other related costs paid by us in advance so as to carry out the event for you. Cancellations must be made in writing, and the following terms apply:

  • 27 - 8 days prior to the event 50% of the event’s total fee will be payable
  • 7 days or less before the event, the full amount is payable; no refund will be given

Our part

All equipment and consumables necessary to carry out the candle-making event/workshop/party will be provided by us as well as aprons. Unless agreed in advance, additional equipment such as tables, chairs, access to running water, mains electricity, etc. will be provided by you or by your venue provider.

For public events/workshops/parties: where we have provided the venue, the venue will comply with all health and safety requirements as well as current fire regulations.

For corporate events: you will provide and pay (if applicable) for a suitable venue for the workshop to be held.

Insurance

We provide Public and Product Liability Insurance for up to £2 million for all our events, both in our own venues and in your venue. A copy of this insurance is available upon request.

Law

This Agreement and all matters arising out of it shall be construed and governed according to English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.